Welcome to Call of Duty Clan

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexDanger

Attachments and WWII Games

3 posts in this topic

One of the biggest problems I've had with the WWII era CoD games (among others) is that we've been conditioned to expect attachments for all of our guns, to make them easier to use and to make them more effective. Attachments has also been used as a way of balancing and rewarding player progression. Honest to god I really don't want to see any attachments in CoD WWII, if anything maybe a few different scope variations for sniper rifles, but the makeshift ww2 red dots and "acog" scopes always feel like a stretch. If we're going to go back in time let's do it right this time!

Iron sights all the way.

Awards

4 minutes ago, AlexDanger said:

One of the biggest problems I've had with the WWII era CoD games (among others) is that we've been conditioned to expect attachments for all of our guns, to make them easier to use and to make them more effective. Attachments has also been used as a way of balancing and rewarding player progression. Honest to god I really don't want to see any attachments in CoD WWII, if anything maybe a few different scope variations for sniper rifles, but the makeshift ww2 red dots and "acog" scopes always feel like a stretch. If we're going to go back in time let's do it right this time!

Iron sights all the way.

I actually agree with you for the most part. I think with WW2 weapons, there really aren't many "attachments" available. That is, if they are staying true to being historically accurate as they mentioned in the release videos.

With that said though, there were glass scopes in WW2 for some weapons so I wonder if they are going to try that route. There were also drum magazines for extended ammo, different stocks, etc. but it was pretty rare to have a modified weapon in WW2. I hope they focus on map design, PVP gameplay, etc. more than trying to make customization of your weapon a big feature.

I would prefer iron sights over a bunch of crazy sights.

6 minutes ago, Meowo said:

There were also drum magazines for extended ammo, different stocks, etc. but it was pretty rare to have a modified weapon in WW2.

I think certain attachments are totally fine like the ones you mentioned here, but your final point is totally true. I feel like we didn't see universally modified weapons as the standard until the 90s or early 21st century. Would love to see that theme reflected in WWII and that they don't force a bunch of fluffy attachments for every gun.

Awards