Welcome to Call of Duty Clan

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clear

Why make a WW game after BF1.

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey,

I really wanna know your thought on CoD WWII and the decisions Sledgehammer and Activision made after seeing the success of BF1.
I think they should have done it if they didn't see the success of BF1 do you agree?

For me, I don't like that they made a WW game exactly after Bf1, that makes them second their word "We want to make something NEW"
Should love to hear your thoughts.

Clear

Edited by Clear
2 people like this

From what they have said, they have been working on COD:WW2 for the last three years. With that said, I am sure BF1 was being worked on before that and who knows who knew what.

What I do know for sure, is that COD community has been fed up with exo suit stuff for some time now, so it kind of makes sense to go back. You know I have been saying they should go back to their roots for years now and I am really excited to see them doing it. BF1 is a fantastic game and I wonder if the Sledgehammer team was like "Ah, shit." when they saw it released and now they are looked at as "copying" the whole World War route thing, but I don't think that's the case.

1 person likes this

I'm sure they didn't just copy the idea, but it was very poor timing, Sledgehammer said we want to try something new when they made COD AW and what made me wonder is why to give up on and idea after only one game if you really want to try something new.

I won't judge a game before playing it, but I hope its a good game. COD died for me couple year ago and I think this is the last chance I will give it. 

In my opinion i think we should wait till the game comes out. I heard they are making many core changes to the gameplay for example not have Health Regeneration, having different classes etc. Who know, this game might become the Game Of The Year material..